Atomic Aquatics Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ask Darcy: [user]darcyatomic[/user]

....I wonder if the new Atomic computer will really be an Atomic computer or just a rebranded computer manufacturered by someone else ?

....or just a rebranded computer manufacturered by someone else ?

I find that difficult to believe. The screen is color, which rules out most computers currently on the market.

The intel I gathered from DEMA participants:

• The atomic computer will be out in late Spring 2010 (barring the unforeseen)
  • Atomic will not release a peep until the computer is ready to hit stores
  • Full color OLED display
  • Multigas compatible (up to 3 or 4 mixes)
  • Digital 3-D compass
  • Lithium battery (rechargeable)
  • Deep stops

Last edited:
It was just a matter of time before color LCD comes to dive computers.

Adam

We're talking about OLED, not LCD. Big difference. Color LCD's have been in dive computers for five years, since the first color VR3.

The first color OLED computer was the Uemis Zurich SDA, which has already been out for quite a while. Then there was the Shearwater Predator, also color OLED. So the Atomics computer, if it comes out, won't be breaking any new ground.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

We're talking about OLED, not LCD. Big difference. Color LCD's have been in dive computers for five years, since the first color VR3.

The first color OLED computer was the Uemis Zurich SDA, which has already been out for quite a while. Then there was the Shearwater Predator, also color OLED. So the Atomics computer, if it comes out, won't be breaking any new ground.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Will we be seeing a Liquivision X2 in color anytime soon?

....additionally, unlike the Liquivision, the Atomic will be air-integrated....which will be a big hit within the recreational dive community, which is a VASTLY larger $ market than the exceptionally narrow 'tech' market the Liquivision appeals to.

let me in on this, i doubt Atomic will make Technical Diving computers, mabey a Recreational one, we have all seen the awesome quality their regs, fins, and masks are, so you never know

Back
Top Bottom