Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure how to get on here and ask a question to RonR, but I will just post to this reply. Ron, I have a used Atomic Cobalt1 Dive Computer and was wondering how to delete the dives that someone else had put on the computer? I think you posted to someone earlier in this long thread. Can you help? Thanks, Bill

I have sent you this information in a PM- this will delete the entire dive log history.

Ron

Hey Ron,

Can you please send me info on how to delete entire dive log history?

Why is this information so hard to find online?

Best,

Nyceane

Hi Ron,
I used my Cobalt 2 dive computer today and all was well. I thought I put it in the sleep mode when I left the boat. I went to check it tonight and it is stuck in the planning mode. The up and down arrows work but the back and select buttons do not. The buttons feel ok so I do not think sand got under the buttons. I have had it for a month and this has happened twice. I am not sure if I charging it will help at all or just cause it to continue. I appreciate any suggestions to bill@megateeth.com or post it here.

I have a cobalt-1 second-hand with less than 50 dives on it. The select button just started becoming fussy lately. It can sometimes take 4 presses before it registers. The other 3 buttons are fine.

Is there anything I can do to inspect or even fix this (there are no LDS that fixes cobalts in my area) ?

I have a cobalt-1 second-hand with less than 50 dives on it. The select button just started becoming fussy lately. It can sometimes take 4 presses before it registers. The other 3 buttons are fine.

Is there anything I can do to inspect or even fix this (there are no LDS that fixes cobalts in my area) ?

I am sending you an instruction sheet via PM. You may have one of the buttons that lost its seal and is rusting. If so, it'a an easy fix and if you don't have a local dealer Atomic should just be able to send you a replacement keypad you can snap on.

Ron

My son's is like that. Even sent it down for warranty for a separate issue and it's still a pain to press the buttons even though it's been "fixed" for the original issue and has a new keypad. That being said I'm buying the 2 for my wife's birthday so my wife's Cobalt 1 will be my son's and his becomes a backup. I was going to buy a used 1 for a backup anyway.

I went to check it tonight and it is stuck in the planning mode. The up and down arrows work but the back and select buttons do not.

This just happened to me on my cobalt 1 except that it is only the back button that doesn't work. I'm leaving for Cozumel tomorrow and I'm not sure what I can do in the next few hours before my flight.

Something similar happened with my cobalt earlier in the year where the planning screen completely locked up. RonR was able to help me get back up and running but it took a few days.

I'm becoming frustrated with these lockups with the cobalt :furious:

This just happened to me on my cobalt 1 except that it is only the back button that doesn't work. I'm leaving for Cozumel tomorrow and I'm not sure what I can do in the next few hours before my flight.

Something similar happened with my cobalt earlier in the year where the planning screen completely locked up. RonR was able to help me get back up and running but it took a few days.

I'm becoming frustrated with these lockups with the cobalt :furious:

Sorry you are seeing this, the buttons on the Cobalt 1 are a problem- fortunately one that has been dealt with.

It sounds as if the BACK magnet might be corroded- in this thread above I describe how Atomic now has magnets that can replace these. The new ones are molded in plastic, while the older ones were manually sealed. Getting these molded without losing their magnetism was something of a trick. If you have one button that is not working, the emergency fix (this sounds like what you need) is to swap the essential button magnet that has failed (BACK or SELECT) with a non-essential one (UP or DOWN)- until you can get a full set of replacements from Atomic. I will PM you with directions for removing the cover- it's easy. While in Dive mode the UP button would only be used to manually initiate a gas switch, the DOWN toggles through screen brightness settings. Just decide which you would prefer to do without while diving. All topside functions can be managed without one of these buttons, just less conveniently.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Ron

Ron is there a way to see the water temp while diving? I can't get from the dive mode window back to the settings to get to that particular window, I can page forward to the compass but not back
thanks, sin city

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom