Atom 3.0 Transmitter Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shelery

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in Cozumel diving and used my Atom 3.0 computer for my first dive, then when I went to use it on my second I lost air signal from the transmitter. The battery on the Atom then started to register as being low, so I changed it and still no signal from the transmitter. The battery reading on the TMT states Not Avail even when held next to the computer. I then changed the battery in the transmitter and still no air reading. I can use the computer and it seems to be functioning fine. Help!

300 views and no replies.... anyone have an answer for this? i am having the same issues after changing the batteries in both computer and the transmitter

It won't get a signal unless the air is on. Also, have you checked if the Atom remembered the transmitter number? Maybe it lost the synch number.

yes and yes. what else do you have

Sorry, that's all I got. I've only had my Atom 3.0 for almost a year. I thought I had a bad transmitter at first...then I turned on the air. I also had to manually sync a second transmitter when I bought a used one for my pony.

Here's another idea...If you know anyone else nearby with a transmitter, maybe you can try and sync theirs. If that one works, then you'll at least know it is a transmitter issue and not the watch. Local dive shop may have one?

Steve

Look for a little dirt spot on the transmitter's internal battery contact or on the battery itself. If found it can be removed with the eraser tip of a pencil and then cleaned with a Q-tip and alcohol. Double check the condition of the battery using a voltmeter and be sure the battery is inserted with the polarity correct.

update: the watch will sync with another 3.0 transmitter, a 2.0 transmitter but it will not talk to the 3.0 transmitter with the new battery. everything talks to everything else... but that one transmitter. ive taken it apart and put it together; tightned it, loosened it, cleaned it... nothing. i also tried 2 new batteries just in case one was bad.
finally talked to Oceanic and ive sent it back under warranty (by 3 days) for repair or replacement. they received it on the 25th and i havent heard back yet. i'll try to update when i hear something

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom