Atom 2 Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey,
I'm posting this on behalf of my parents:
They both have brand new Atom 2.0 computers that they are having trouble figuring out, they took them to their LDS where they bought them, but the staff didn't know how to work the computers!
The problems:
1) 20ft for 10mins, one of the computer gives a too much nitrogen warning diver needs to surface- What mode is it in that would be wrong? How is this changed?

2)One computer shows a SAT time after the dive, but the other doesn't- How is this fixed?

3)TLBG- What should it be set at? The manual doesn't say.

I haven't seen the computers or manuals, I am going by what my Mom told me on the phone! I hope this makes sense to the land of Oceanic so they can fix it ASAP!

Thanks in advance!
Stine

I have an Atom 1.0. Are you aware there is a RECALL on the 2.0 computers? I dont recall off hand the exact recall but you may want to check into it. I was just looking at my manual and there are instructions on everything you mentioned. Maybe they are just missing it. I am sure if you also contact Oceanic you can resolve this, they were more than accomodating to help me with some questions I had on mine. But check on that recall too.

I asked them about the recall and they had a download updated to fix that problem.
They met someone on a dive yesterday who was having the same problems and found the manual unclear as well.
Do you think the manual for the Atom 1 would work for the Atom 2?

As I understand it, the "recall" was only related to multi-gas issues. The manual does describe the TLBG settings, by how many "dots" you choose to display, which sets your level of conservatism. The "high nitrogen" warning apparently has to do with the TLBG settings. Oceanic is already working on that in another thread for me, and they are supposed to get back to me on that. This is a very complicated and very capable device. Your parents really need to spend some quality time with the manual. If you want to read it, you can download the manual in PDF form from the Oceanic website.

The message they may be getting is UP< HIGH < NI known as a TLBG set point alarm. The Max Tissue Loading Bar Graph (TLBG) can be set from 1-4 before a DECO dive (5) occurs.

The easiest solution may be to obtain the software and upload/download USB cable. Therein graphical elements avoid the complicated use of the ATOM 2.0 buttons.

However to change the TLBG alarm set point without software, do as follows:
1) Hold down left top button for more than 2 secs - Dive Mode is obtained.
2) Now hold top right and bottom left buttons simultaneously for 2 secs - SET F appears
3) Repeat - SET A appears
4)Now press bottom left button 4 times - TLBG appears with some bar graph elements in the top left quadrant above the T; press the Right button to advance and decrease the TLBG number of elements from 1-5 (as described above
5) Now press the lower left button until it says SET A
6) at this point simultaneously squeezing opposing buttons top-right and bottom-left for two seconds each time will return the watch to dive mode after ignoring the submenus that appear at each jump.
One more short press on the top-left button will return to watch mode

Back
Top Bottom