Atom 2.0 GAUGE Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanDives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Turneffe Flats 1st day with new Atom 2.0. It has stayed in GAUGE mode all 3 dives. While in GAUGE mode it alternates with GAUGE lable and "EL 2" label.

Diving EAN32 (setting made fine). Wireless transmitter ... sees tanl pressure fine. Got buddy transmitter programmed --- does NOT see it (artifact of GAUGE mode I think). All other SETUP made fine. I seem to have Log & History of the dives.... JUST NO "PDC" function. No DTR. No Decomp info ....

I suspect there maybe a post somewhere on the board ... but did I mention I am in Turneffe Flats? Not spending much on line time. Help if you can.
THANKS

Reading the manual and understanding the functions of your computer would help greatly.

That being said...

EL2 = Elevation 2... which isn't right since you are at sea level. I would go back to where you got it and switch the computer out. It is defective.

Gauge mode - by definition does NOT have decomp info. That's the point of Gauge mode. For you to handle your own decompression obligations. Once set to gauge mode and in the water, gauge mode cannot be turned off for 24 hours since the last dive. You must have set it to gauge mode while playing with it. See manual to set it back to NORM mode after 24 hrs have passed.

The manual (which I had read several times --- and again several times) is clear. When in GAUG mode, it stays there 24 hr after last dive. It is completely unclear how you ever get there. And unclear on how to any 'elevation' mode.

Return is a great idea. Did I mention I am on a remote island off Belize.

PDC bites -- diving is great! Glad my buddy has a (working) VT3

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom