Atom 1.0 and 2.0 owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tox

Reaction score
I’m curious how many Atom 1.0 owners have or are planning on upgrading to the 2.0 version. Do you think the revised main screen display and other new features are worthy of swapping the 1.0 for a 2.0? Thanks in advance.

Wow, no responses. I'm surprised. I thought I would get a few opinions on this. Just curious to see what people think.

I don't own one, but I can answer the question easily enough if you wish an answer.

If the new feature is something I want then yes I might upgrade. If it's just eye candy then no I would not.

So, I'm guessing you want an Atom 2. Buy it, good computer and you can use the new Oceanic program for downloads, it's better than the version that came with the Atom 1.

In other words, I own a VT3 and the only reason I'd upgrade would be if I wanted something like a tri-mix computer.

No, I'm not really interested in the new version, I like the original 1.0 just fine. I was curious to see how many owners of the older Atom would be upgrading.

I had a 1.0 that I hated ever since I purchased it. I finally worked through my LDS and traded it in on the VT3. It is the best computer I have ever used and works awesome. The best reason to upgrade to the 2.0, IMHO, is because of the display change where you do not have to change screens to get your tank pressure.

As an Atom 1 owner I wouldn't upgrade. I would go for a computer only and make sure that it always displayed the depth and elapsed time regardless of the deco status.

LavaSurfer:
I like my 1.0
Is there an upgrade path?
I would not spend $500 for a different screen

We have a standard upgrade program - any computer may be traded in for an ATOM 2.0 with 20 percent off. For information on a specific offer for ATOM 1.0 owners - contact Ron, Mark or Rick in customer service for more info - 800-435-3483 or service@oceanicusa.com.

My Atom 2.0 arrived today - thanks Doug.

I upgraded for a couple of reasons:

1. Oceanlog 2.0 - I wanted the new software and didn't want to own an orphaned product.

2. Tank pressure on the front screen - I admit that its a better design, although not worth an upgrade by itself. Being a photographer, I generally have my hands full. I appreciate not having to turn loose of my camera to check my tank pressure.

3. Freediver mode - My Atom 1.0 gets alarm-happy when I snorkel. I like to use my computer to see how deep I dive (often down to 30-35 feet) and it drives my Atom 1.0 crazy.

4. Buddy check - I still think its more marketing than anything else, but it may prove useful for keeping an eye on my wife's tank pressure when she learns to dive this winter.

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom