Atocha investors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steve1508

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Are there any Atocha investors out there? I'm considering investing but would like first hand information on their experience.

Well, it sure makes the investment much less speculative!

There was something on this on the Travel Channel the other night. It's a show called Cash and Treasures. I'm not sure when it's being repeated.

I've heard it's extremely expensive and very, very risky.

qball:
Wasn't that like 20 years ago?
They're still finding treasure currently. I don't think it's the Atocha but one of her sister ships. You put up a minimum of $10K, dive with them for a week(maybe longer??) and then get a share of what's found that year based on your investment.

Goto: www.melfisher.com Click on 'Investor Relations' to invest and 'Salvage operations' then ' Join the Crew' to participate. They are diving the Atocha and the sister ship called the Marguerita (SP?) I think. Looks like fun either way and a good way to get some bottom time in a hurry.

I looked into it and it's really hit and miss...not sure what type of serious return you would get with that kind of investment...the person that kept contacting us never returned calls or emails, all I wanted to know was how often I go to dive with them, and my wife wanted to know what the average return was...

They claim that a good percentage of what was on the manifest still is missing, so is they find another "Mother lode" you could really cash in....

Anyone understand why they would still be seeking investors given the amount of money that the syndicate has originally brought in? Seems that future salvage efforts would be easily self funded at this point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom