Question ATMOS MISSION 1 - Anyone here at SB dive one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomsOn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for real world feedback on it. Seems like the most feature rich watch style at $500 or less. Looks good to. Like to have compass and it does. Just can't spend over that.

Looking for real world feedback on it. Seems like the most feature rich watch style at $500 or less. Looks good to. Like to have compass and it does. Just can't spend over that.

Disclaimer: I'm an Edge-Hog dealer.

I have dived them. I have two that I use for students. They're a very nice computer for recreational use.

Downsides: Their tech support comes out of Taiwan, so occasionally I've found that email communications with them are slow - expect about 16-24 hours for a response due to time zone differences.

They don't accommodate altitude dives as well as I'd like (though I haven't installed the latest update). The first two I bought were defective. They were 6' off the correct depth at altitude. I replaced them, and the replacements are better, within 1-2' of the correct depth. Again, this is not with the latest update.

The wrist band is too small for a dry suit, unless you wear it over the wrist seal, but that's true of every watch style computer I've used.

Upsides:

Altitude is calculated correctly at sea level (I tested one of my original, defective computers)

The screen is easy to read, the colors make it very clear at depth.

There are a number of nice watch features, if you are looking for those - pedometer, Bluetooth integration, calls and texts show up on the watch face.

If you are looking for a BP/W too, you can get a package deal for a TBCS and an Atmos that will save you some money.

Disclaimer: I'm an Edge-Hog dealer.

I have dived them. I have two that I use for students. They're a very nice computer for recreational use.

Downsides: Their tech support comes out of Taiwan, so occasionally I've found that email communications with them are slow - expect about 16-24 hours for a response due to time zone differences.
Thanks for the info. I just bought the Sheerwater Peregrine. I'll get a compass and I have a smartwatch already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom