Atmos Ai battery question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I bought my Atmos Ai computer new from Leisure Pro back on 3/7/08 I have about 10 dives on it since last summer. I turned it on this morning to check it out for an up coming dive. The battery icon flashed and one bar was showing in the icon for about 30 seconds. It is now showing all bars in the icon since it is in the surface mode. Does that mean that it's OK to dive with it or should I get another battery to be on the safe side. The manual is not quite clear on this.
My LDS, who is an Aeris dealer in Atlanta has the batteries in stock, but not the full battery kit with the battery hatch O-ring and silicone grease. Should I order a replacement for the the O-ring or just let them replace the battery and make the O-ring judgment call when they open the hatch to put in a new battery.

Thanks!

I seem to remember reading about this before. Believe it pulls more current when starting up but then settles down. Should be fine to dive but why not change the battery anyway. Only a few $$$.I always carry spare batteries.

Changing the battery is easy (on my Aeris Atmos Pro anyway) Done it maybe 20 times in 10 years. Never bothered changing the O ring. I dont buy my batteries from Dive Shops either!

Thought it might be a good idea to have them check it while I'm there at the shop, just to make sure everything is running like it should.
Thanks for the info.

Where do you get the batteries for your dive comps? I went by Wal-Mart tonight and couldn't find the one I needed. It's a CR-2450 3 Volt Lithium button or coin battery. I'm thinking Batteries Plus might be the best place to go for selection and price.

The 2450 is very common. I've bought them at Walmart, even Kroger has them.
At Walmart they are in the photo/camera department and sometimes in the watch department.
Cost runs anywhere from $2-4

When you open the back, make sure to use something really wide, i.e. not a standard
flatblade screwdriver. A normal flatblade screwdriver can nick/damage the groove in the
slot because it can too much torque on a small area if the cover is a bit "stuck".
It won't break/damage the cover but it can leave a a pair of rough nicks in the plastic.

A small prybar is ideal. If you use the 90 degree bend side,
it is the full width of the slot and gives you a nice handle with plenty of leverage
to unscrew the cover.

--- bill

Attachments

• 42597_300.jpg.png
    42597_300.jpg.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 95
I thought a quarter would work just right from what I could tell by the slot.
I checked with Wal-Mart and they were out. So was Kroger. Best Buy had them for $5.00 each

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom