ATM vagaries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year I opened a Mexican bank account at HSBC (since there is one close to our house). I am thinking I may also open an account with HSBC in Canada and then I can move money from that account to my Mexican account without any transaction fees. I guess I should get on that soon.....

Just an update. I just tried to use my Charles Schwab card at two different ATMs without success. Turns out I had it locked! Worked as it should and I’m happy!

I pull pesos from ATM. I get a better deal if I pay in cash but I don't want to carry it down and I don't want to deal with ATMs that spit out US$. When I pay my dive bill I sit with whomever I am giving the money to with my pesos and a calculator.

There are ATM's in Coz that pay in USD?? Didn't know that. I see no reason to get anything but Pesos, as I can bring plenty of USD from home.

There are ATM's in Coz that pay in USD?? Didn't know that. I see no reason to get anything but Pesos, as I can bring plenty of USD from home.
Yes, using USD's in Mexico, (other than the dive shop), drives me nuts.
That said, there are two ATM's in Chedraui that dispense USD, and others around town that do as well.

I have heard that there are but I have no reason to use them. What I want is to not have a wad of cash to protect and to pay my expenses when I am there as much as I can in the local legal tender.

I get pesos from an ATM near my hotel after declining dynamic conversion to pay the hotel, for dining and other expenses, but I pay my dive Op in USDs via Zelle. When I finish diving, I message him to email me an invoice, he does, then I Zelle the money from my bank to his.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom