Atlantis Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba e

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,
My wife and I have an chance to go to Atlantis in Puerto Galera the last week in May.

Top side is not very important to us. WE are about dive time so 4 dives a day Minimum. That criteria seams to limit our options world wide.

A few questions;

1) Average water temp end of May?

2) Average vis end of May?

3) Macro looks good but what about W/A options?

4) Any reasons to avoid this place (Atlantis) or area (Puerto Galrea)?

Any advise or help would be great. To lock in the air and resort rates we need to book next week.

Thanks in advance,
Erik

4 dives a day is relative easy doable in PG since most sites are <10minutes away. I would inform Atlantis though you want this. Never dove with them but I imagine diving at 0730, 1000, 1300 and 1700.. You can always shore dive or ask the boat guys to drop you off at a predictable site for a 4th dive since most dive 3 times a day as far as I know.

vis would be depending on the site but my guess is between 15 and 35m.. Temparature an easy 27degrees..

The dive schedule is for up to 5 a day. (Unlike the others in my group, I did all five each day.)

Breakfast and then dives at 9 and 11. Lunch and then dives at 2, 4 and 6. Followed by cocktails and dinner.

No shore diving, due to heavy boat traffic.

Great diving and great folks, not to mention great eats and drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back Thursday. We were there for 12 days and the the place is great. We went DEN - SFO - TPE - MNL on EVA air. Very nice planes. They transport you from MNL airport to Batangas to meet the boat to Puerto Galera. The boat is a Bangka (Outrigger Boat).

The only glitch in out trip was we overnighted in Manila on the way home and Alantis put us in the Remington. This is the worst place I have ever stayed. Power went out at midnight and thay moved uis to a diffrent floor at 2am. NO SLEEP THAT NIGHT. Remington set up shuttle to airport at 10:00 but when the shuttle got there it did not go to the terminal we needed so ended up in three cabs and almost missed the plane had it not been late.

In talking to the locals the weather in May is typically hot and humid. The cooler weather is December to March. We had airt temps of 80 to 85 and water temp averaged 78. May the water can be 82.

I am goint to post a trip report soon but here is the first dive we did Dive #1 - YouTube

The dive schedule is for up to 5 a day. (Unlike the others in my group, I did all five each day.)

Breakfast and then dives at 9 and 11. Lunch and then dives at 2, 4 and 6. Followed by cocktails and dinner.

No shore diving, due to heavy boat traffic.

Great diving and great folks, not to mention great eats and drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did some shoredives from (former) dive dojo (next to capt gregs)

did some shoredives from (former) dive dojo (next to capt gregs)

I don't doubt you, but Atlantis won't "allow" it, due to the boat traffic there and I can easily see their point.

In addition, they're more than happy to take just one diver out on their boats (as they did for me many a time), so what's the point of risking it?

Anilao probably offers better macro and vis than PG.
As for Atlantis, you need not to worry a bit. It has been around long enough to deal with Uncle Sam!!

Might want to check out south sea divers (my trip report is here) they are next door to Atlantis and are more of a divers shop and can take you out privately or in a group. If diving is what you are more interested in I'd look them up. Unless you really need high thread count towels after ever dive....

Thanks to all, looks like we are pulling the trigger!

Unless you really want to be pampered otherwise South Sea would get my vote as well.

BTW, both operators use very similar speed boat instead of the usual banka. You can see them mooring side by side in one of the photo that "orenbvip" displayed in his trip report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom