Atlantis Dumaguete Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report. I'm considering staying there for a few days prior to a liveaboard. However, I have been informed that Atlantis Dumaguete resort (indeed all dive shops) can no longer dive the pier TFN. The pier is privately owned, and the owner (DuCoMi) is embarking on a renovation of the majority of the pier pilings due to corrosion from the high sulphur content of the seawater in the area. Thus, they are going to be completely scraping off all the marine life from the pier pilings, and repairing and re-coating the pilings (possibly replacing some as well). They have allowed anyone who wants to to try to relocate as much marine life as possible. Of course the corals cannot be relocated, but possibly some of the other marine life could be re-located.

I have put in an inquiry to Atlantis Dumaguete to see if they are assisting in this relocation effort, and if they will document their successes and/or failures. I think this could be very useful information.

In any case, the Pier is no longer going to be available for diving for some time to come. Perhaps in many more years it might begin to approach its former glory.

I have put in a

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom