Atlantic Quarry UW Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since my hubby and I were unable to attend any of the Project Aware events due to work, we decided to go diving on Sunday at the Atlantic Quarry. We had the entire lake to ourselves! It was a great day, weather wise and the diving was good. Visibility was milky in some areas with 2-5 ft. visibility. However, in other areas the visibility opened up to 15-20 ft. Water temps are going down, my computer showed 72 above the thermocline. Lloyd and I circled the entire quarry, almost a 90 minute dive. Below are some photos I took with my Olympus Stylus 600 in an Olympus housing.

pic.php

Tons of bluegill, as always

pic.php

I have a devil of a time getting pictures of the crappie at Atlantic. They are so skittish.

pic.php

Another crappie

pic.php

The friendliest largemouth bass I've ever seen at the quarry. He came right up to me, I could have touched him.

pic.php

More bluegill in the grass

pic.php

An awful picture, but I have proof I saw a carp. We saw quite a few.

pic.php

A largemouth bass swimming away from me, story of my life :wink:

pic.php

Two largemouth bass - it was the day of the bass

pic.php

Not a great picture but we finally saw a walleye. At least I think it's a walleye. OK you fisherman out there, is this a walleye?

pic.php

My favorite shot of the day of a largemouth bass

I like your photo's. Bass are outgoing fish, in the sense they are not afraid of much. I have been face to face with bass a few times.

The last shot of the largemouth bass, he looks bored and grumpy! "Where are the minnows? I'm starving here!!!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom