Atlanta Dive Clubs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenH

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any active dive clubs in Atlanta? I'm newly certified and want to rock-and-roll!

KenH

Ken,

While we really aren't a dive club per se, the group that I dive with are basically a bunch of friends who make monthly trips down to the Florida Springs, goes ocean diving a couple of times a year. I am the newest diver in the group, and am working on my AOW. Most of the divers are dive masters, cave divers, instructors, or doing cave intro.

I can check on some actual clubs if you like.

Here are some actual dive clubs in Atlanta.

http://www.reefdwellers.com/
Claims to be the oldest dive club in Atlanta.

Under Sea Adventures
Phone: (404) 321-4006
Email: sco@pyramid.com

Atlanta Underwater Explorers
Phone: 770-4131035
Email: WMurrain@aol.com

Lanier Divers Dive Club, Buford, GA (404) 271-2860

Bottom Time Scuba Club, Decatur, GA (404) 315-0909

HammerHeads
George Krasle (404) 634-4354
1513 Northeast Expressway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
gkrasle@aol.com

Thanks for the info, Big James. I went to Divers Supply and saw that they do weekend trips to FL springs. Do you go with that group?

KenH

No, I do not go with them. The group I am with is actually just a small group of friends that dives a lot. I just happen to make my way into it because one of their daughters is my g/f.

I am headed up to divers supply tommorrow, any good sales?

I don't know enough yet about LDS prices to know! I checked out some of their combo's, but I have a alot of research to do.

KenH

Ken,

Let's organize one. I posted a thread on the forum site, so we'll see if anyone responds.

There is a trip to Blue Water (Pelham AL) through Diver's Connection. Cost is $150 (I think) and includes overnight hotel. Sat June 25, leave Atlanta 9ish, dive Sat afternoon, possibly Sat night, Sun am, return to Atlanta Sunday afternoon. It's a cert course, but we can tag along. Course, we can always go another time on our own and skip the hotel rooms.

Let me know.
David

There is a group of us called the Lake Lanier Looney bird divers that have all met up here on scubaboard. We dive all over the southeast, last week 4 of us met up at Alabama Blue Water and did some diving. I try to dive somewhere every weekend, even if it is just jumping in lanier.

Just on a side note, that seems kind of steep for an ABWA trip. It costs $18 a day for divers fee. So even if you dive both days and a night dive ($10 cost with min of 8 people), you are only at $50. Throw in a $50 room and you are at $100. On another note, it's only 2 1/2-3 hrs to get to ABWA. It's easy enough to do a day trip. We went sat. morning, got in 3 dives and came home, no problem. $18, and a tank of gas.

I'm sure if you post up here in the dixie divers you will have plenty of oppurtunity to dive with various different people. I am hoping to go out somewhere this weekend, as I cancelled my cavern for the weekend since I am not feeling well enough to be taking a rigourous course this weekend. I however wouldn't mind hitting up somewhere this weekend if anybody is interested. Right now it is looking like Sat. AM at Lake Jocassee is the best bet to miss the rain. Looks like there will be storms in the afternoon, but the morning would be clear enough to get a few dives in. Of course with all the rain viz will be sub-par.

Matt

Don't head south, thats for sure. Arlene is bearing down on the northern Gulf Coast and it will affect everyone from PC(FL) to NO(LA) atleast for a little while. Its not Ivan, but its still a Tropical Storm with lots of rain and fairly respectable winds(60mph at the moment).

I DIDN'T DIVE BUT WAS AT JOCASSEE YESTERDAY, SHOWING SOME VISITORS FROM OUT OF TOWN AROUND, AND THE WATER FROM THE SURFACE LOOKED PRETTY CLEAR.
Corigan:
There is a group of us called the Lake Lanier Looney bird divers that have all met up here on scubaboard. We dive all over the southeast, last week 4 of us met up at Alabama Blue Water and did some diving. I try to dive somewhere every weekend, even if it is just jumping in lanier.

Just on a side note, that seems kind of steep for an ABWA trip. It costs $18 a day for divers fee. So even if you dive both days and a night dive ($10 cost with min of 8 people), you are only at $50. Throw in a $50 room and you are at $100. On another note, it's only 2 1/2-3 hrs to get to ABWA. It's easy enough to do a day trip. We went sat. morning, got in 3 dives and came home, no problem. $18, and a tank of gas.

I'm sure if you post up here in the dixie divers you will have plenty of oppurtunity to dive with various different people. I am hoping to go out somewhere this weekend, as I cancelled my cavern for the weekend since I am not feeling well enough to be taking a rigourous course this weekend. I however wouldn't mind hitting up somewhere this weekend if anybody is interested. Right now it is looking like Sat. AM at Lake Jocassee is the best bet to miss the rain. Looks like there will be storms in the afternoon, but the morning would be clear enough to get a few dives in. Of course with all the rain viz will be sub-par.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom