Athens Scuba Park Treasure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This comming weekend Athens Scuba Park is having its annual treasure hunt. Last year some of the prizes included a kayak, and I think it was a Suunto Stinger. There are always plenty of nice prizes and lots of fun had by all. You hunt for marked golf balls. The weather is supposed to be good all week so maybe the vis will improve over this past weekend where it was 5' at best.

This is a honey do weekend for me and TXMike is moving this weekend. If you can make it its a good time.

Tom

Oh, I don't know...I might just show up....

This week will be boxing all the stuff I do want to move, and taking other stuff to Goodwill. So I might get more stuff done ahead of time than I thought!

(much easier to move across town when you take 2 weeks to do it versus the one night scramble)

Saturday or Sunday? Didn't they have a luau/hunt when we all went last year?

Hey Des,

The big Luau was part of the Labor Day weekend treasure hunt last year. Come to think of it that was my last local dive.

Sheesh, I need to get back into the water.

I can't make it Saturday. :(

Anybody up for Sunday?

Caught your answer on Bill's Clear Springs thread and figured we ought to come back here.

Athens is fine by me.

Or we can do Whitney - it's a warm lake. I've never worn more than a 3mm, and usually just my swimming trunks.

And wish I had more time to spend with ya. But I knew you understood that I had an obligation to work with the student and continue on with my DM education.

I did get a chance for a fun dive since we wrapped things up early, and I looked for you. But you were either already in the water or on your way home.

Perhaps next time.

Oh, and Jimbo...I checked with the instructor and there is *NOT* a surface swim involved with Advanced O/W. Lemme know when you're ready to get started, and I'll provide the details of how to sign up.

Back
Top Bottom