Athens Scuba Park Conditions - June 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moostang

Reaction score
Hello all...

We took a small class to Athens Scuba park yesterday. It was of course very cloudy (sky) and there was occational spurts of rain here an there.

Water was warm, about 77-81 top and bottom. I dont think ASP is deep enough to even have a thermo. Water visibility was 10-15 ft. Which is lower than normal. I blame it on the rain and lack of sunlight.

Water was much better than the last time i was here. It did not have near as much of a nasty chemical smell and feel to it. We still thoroughly washed off our gear after the dive.

Of course there was no life in the water but it's still cool to be able to dive in a sunkin plane hehe.

Hey Foo...I did end up driving my s-10 out there. We were at Dock 1 (behind the office) . I looked for ya but didn't see ya. Catch ya next time :) .

Moostang

We would have had about a 1.5 hr drive to Athens, and weren't willing to take the chance on the weather, especially since we would be paying for 3 divers and having to rent some gear for our daughter. But we're planning to go there NEXT Wed., so if you're not working, you and your gf should join us. Maybe the runoff won't be so bad then, hope we have good vis!
Foo

Moostang,
Do you work for a dive shop? Which one are you affiliated with? Just curious, it doesn't matter to me which shop a person hooks up with. I just wanna hang out with fun and safe divers!

Foo

HI Moostang,
We are heading to Athens tomorrow....our two youngest are getting certified this weekend. I hope the weather holds up. Thanks for the update.

Foo:
Moostang,
Do you work for a dive shop? Which one are you affiliated with? Just curious, it doesn't matter to me which shop a person hooks up with. I just wanna hang out with fun and safe divers!

Foo

No, I do not work for a dive shop. i'm affiliated with Dive Depot out of Tyler Texas. Kerry and Jason are both very professional, very good friends, and very good teachers. I've brought several family members there. They have been very good to us, very honest and very helpful. It's rarity to find good people like them in any business.

My cousin, my GF and I all went to Lake whitney this weekend. Diving was much better than I expected. I'll post a full report within the next couple of days.

I'm glad to hear something positive about diving in Lake Whitney, it seems like everything i've read so far has been negative!

We're going to Athens on Wed., if you wanna join us! Let me know.
Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom