Athens report.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryanh1985

Contributor
Reaction score
Well not much of one, had to do a couple of dives to finish up my Naui Master Diver cert. Missed two because of weather out at Travis a month ago. Water temp was 85 at all depths. Vis was horrible, any where from 3 feet to nothing. Made my navigating interesting, I went right over a platform and never saw it, almost ran right into another diver, neither of us saw each other until we were inchs apart, also ran mask first into the plane.:rofl3: Once again, I hate this place, nothing to see, I hope to never go back. CSSP is sooo much better. On a good thought though, im only a few dives away from 50 now.:)

Oh and 1 inch. crotch straps + no wetsuit + stride entry = pain. :11:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Might I suggest 2" webbing for crotch straps... or just hang onto it when diving shorts :rofl3:

Congrats Ryan, keep it up :D

Well not much of one, had to do a couple of dives to finish up my Naui Master Diver cert. Missed two because of weather out at Travis a month ago. Water temp was 85 at all depths. Vis was horrible, any where from 3 feet to nothing. Made my navigating interesting, I went right over a platform and never saw it, almost ran right into another diver, neither of us saw each other until we were inchs apart, also ran mask first into the plane.:rofl3: Once again, I hate this place, nothing to see, I hope to never go back. CSSP is sooo much better. On a good thought though, im only a few dives away from 50 now.:)

I can relate to the low vis. Only, at Travis I didn't miss the platform, but did a face plant into it :shakehead:

Congrats on the MSD. One tip is to loosen the crotch strap a little. The boys need room:wink:

Sorry about the crotch strap thing. I can't relate but doesn't sound pleasant.

About the low viz, I've developed a habit of putting my compass about 1 foot in front of my face. That way, if you're about to run into something, your compass will tap it first. Anything will work, doesn't have to be a compass.

....also ran mask first into the plane.:rofl3:

I almost did the 'torpedo-into-the-side-of-the-plane' trick there once, except it was during a night dive. :11:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Might I suggest 2" webbing for crotch straps... or just hang onto it when diving shorts :rofl3:

Congrats Ryan, keep it up :D

Yeah I think next time I am up at ST, I will be investing in one. For the most part im always in a wetsuit but it was too warm today even for a 3/2.

Mack Diver- It wasn't so much that it was to tight, it was more of the fact that, when I went down into the water, the wing full of air trying to go up, did not work out:11doh:. After that one, I just left my wing with no air in it, and just swam to the surface after getting in, seemed to work better.

Only been to Athens dive park a few times.....not heading back myself.....was the 'pits' literally.

A group of us from Wichita were going to go down there next weekend and try to do Athens and Clear Springs. Sounds like it is a good thing we cancled the trip.

A group of us from Wichita were going to go down there next weekend and try to do Athens and Clear Springs. Sounds like it is a good thing we cancled the trip.

Clear Springs is a nice stop on a road trip for casual diving and fun! Athens IMO is not worth keeping open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom