At&T cell service in Curacao ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were there two years ago. My buddy has an AT&T phone - A quadband Razr V3 - and their International plan. It worked everywhere except coverage was spotty between Willibrordus and WestPunt. I know for a fact it worked at Habitat, in WestPunt near Kura Hulanda and in Willemsted because I called him there. Mostly from the Piscadera Bay area or downtown Willemsted. There's a low spot before you get to WestPunt, that was the only area we had a dropped connection.

Another option: I have the Telestial SIM for my phone - it worked most places on Curacao also. It's prepaid so you can set a limit to what it costs you. And it's pretty cheap. It's a callback service so that takes a little getting used to. There's also an option to re-charge it automatically while you're traveling.

My AT&T cell phone worked during my Jan. Curacao visit. I had the option of purchasing the international plan or stick with my regular plan and pay hellacious roaming fees. I chose the later since it was only used for emergencies, checking flight status and taking a photo of the pristine ocean to send to my friends back home battling an ice storm. No problems with coverage in Westpunt.

ATT does work there but you are going to pay a lot per minute, even if you get the international plan. I use Skype on my laptop when I travel overseas. It's $3 a month or you can pay as you go. Of course you need to find an internet connection to use it.

Thanks all ! I also have a sat phone, but prefer not to bring it if there is cell service. Probably just going to be a 1-2 minute call each day to our dog sitter :)

Make sure you enable international roaming..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom