Assembling a regulator set?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherkid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What does it take to assemble a reg set?

Do you need to lube the o rings?

Do you just screw the hoses in and snug up with a wrench?

Is this something I can safely and easily do myself?

Do I have to check the intermediate pressure or anything?

I need a step by step walkthrough of asssembling a reg set.

Thanks,
Adam

It would help if you could provide more details about the items you're trying to assemble, such as what they are, their age, condition and service history, if known. That will determine how much of an assessment or overhaul might be needed.

Otherwise, you're essentially right that installing a hose on a first stage is just a matter of lubing the hose o-ring, if needed, and then tighten just a hair past finger tight.

Dave C

Atomic Z2

Aqualung Mikron

SPG

LP inflator

For the most part it's just screwing the hoses in with your hands until they are snug then tightening them down a little with the proper wrench. You can lube the orings if you like but it's not necessary- spit will do.
It's always a good idea to check the IP of a reg, esp if you are just setting it up. The biggest issue is the tuning of the second stages. If they are new or are off different regs it is likely they will need to be adjusted. Not a big deal but something that should be done and does take a little more in the way of knowledge and tools.

Back
Top Bottom