Asia trips and coronavirus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for the update on Taiwan and Sorong/Raja Ampat situation. Super appreciate it as this is where I am getting breaking news (as it pertains to my trip). The boat operator has not been proactive in communicating any updates and I suspect overwhelmed.

Thanks everyone for the update on Taiwan and Sorong/Raja Ampat situation. Super appreciate it as this is where I am getting breaking news (as it pertains to my trip). The boat operator has not been proactive in communicating any updates and I suspect overwhelmed.

Indonesia bans all entry to foreigners for one month from 20 March.

Indonesia INCLUDING BALI Has Suspended Visa On Arrivals & Short Stay Visas For All Tourists Amid The Coronavirus

no, that is not accurate. They are not banning entry to all foreigners. The article you linked to even states otherwise. As it relates to our purpose (tourism), they are suspending visa on arrivals which applied to countries most of us are citizens of which automatically gives you 30 days. Now, if a foreigner wants to go to Indonesia, you must go to a consulate and apply for their single entry tourist visa which is a 60 day visa. In addition to their normal application requirements, you will need to bring a health certificate. (The normal requirements for a US citizen would be bringing passport, passport photos, letter of employment stating good standing + position + approved dates of leave; bank statement or document dated within the last 2 weeks showing a balance with sufficient funds, and return tickets to/from Indonesia to prove your entry and exit dates)

They are not banning all entry to foreigners. They are making it more difficult to enter by requiring everyone to go to a consulate or mail this information along with a health certificate to a consulate in order to get a visa to get in. They are trying to ensure people are not sick and not likely to be bringing an active case in for local transmission.

Qantas cancels all international flights.

They are not banning all entry to foreigners. They are making it more difficult to enter by requiring everyone to go to a consulate or mail this information along with a health certificate to a consulate in order to get a visa to get in. They are trying to ensure people are not sick and not likely to be bringing an active case in for local transmission.
A smart way to say NO to foreigners. Make it very difficult so only people with good reason would want to go through the whole procedure.

A smart way to say NO to foreigners. Make it very difficult so only people with good reason would want to go through the whole procedure.
It also leaves the various domestic companies the legal right to not do refunds. I believe if there was an official ban they would then have to refund everyone.

Back
Top Bottom