Asia Travels - Flights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

I am spending little over a month in Korea (visiting my parents) and am planning a few trips around SE Asia. One of the dive trips will be to the Philippines and Palau (Korea to Manila, Manila to Cebu, Manila/Cebu to Palau, then back to Korea).

My question is what airlines do you guys recommend for the Korea to Manila segment? I looked quickly on Orbitz and Expedia and it was close to $1,000 (which is way higher than I expected). Just want to gather some info on what to expect for costs and recommended airlines. Thank you.

Cebu pacific are definately the company you want for those destinations. Book in advance and you will get the promo rate, you can get return flights from Seoul to Manila for around 200 bucks.

The flight compare sites are generally innacurate over here.

You could also look at air asia now as they have opened up from Seoul to KL Malasia and are very cheap.

The month to watch out for is September as its a national holiday that means flights to the Philippines wil be like gold dust.

As previous post you will be flying from Busan or Seoul depending on where your parents are based.

One other question. I am planning on spending a week on the Aggressor in Palau after the Philippines. Can someone please confirm that the only options from Manila to Palau will be through Continental? Thank you.

I used to work in Palau, and back then it was just Continental that fly in... Don't thnk that has changed...

Cebu Pacific, as already mentioned is probably the best bet to get to Cebu. Just wanted to point out tho' that if you have equipment with you, you can book a sports equipment allowance over the internet too...

Ah, I was wondering what they meant by sporting equipment allowance. I thought it might be for oversized items like golf clubs. Is it much more at the airport if I didn't select this option?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom