Ascending faster than 60ft/minute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redhatmama:
Bob, I've never thought about Henry's Law in relation to microbubbles. Care to elaborate? A guy on my boat got bent diving basically the same dives as the rest of us. Made me think about DCS risks and why some people get bent and others don't. Everyone talked about it and we all noticed how fast he popped up from 15 feet to the surface.

Because we are different...and some people are dehydrated, they don't drink enough water.This is a possibile cause for DCS.
Speed we need to respect 30ft/m (10mt/m) for recreational diver, we need to respect the safety stop @15/ft (5mt)..and we need to respect the deep planned.
But remember to drink enough water..........

japan-diver:
I am still out of the office diving a bit (big holiday week in Japan) so I don't have the links available right now but will try to pass them on a bit later. The more modern doppler studies have found significant more bubbling at a rate of 60ft than at slower rates. This has been pointed out in a few posts already. During Doppler studies rates of around 30-35ft per minute had the lowest bubble scores - avoidance of bubbles is what we want -even micro bubbles can lead to more serious problems if in a great number or if you are just unlucky.

Also NAUI has already implemented teaching a deep stop to all its divers for over a year now I believe, would have to check the training updates for exactly when the offical word was passed but it was some time ago. I know we have been teaching it for a couple years now after reading Weinke's work on ascent rates and RGBM theory.

About the Deep stop, there is an article on the DAN web site .......let me find the link :)

Link's been posted about a zillion times.

Fish_Whisperer:
Dalton: Martini's Law, right?

What's Charles's Law?

Charles covers temps which is not that applicable to diving:

Jacques Charles investigated the relationship between the Volume of a gas and how it changes with temperature. He noted that the volume of a gas increased with the temperature. Charles's Law states that the volume of a given amount of dry ideal gas is directly proportional to the Kelvin Temperature provided the amount of gas and the pressure remain fixed. When we plot the Volume of a gas against the Kelvin temperature it forms a straight line. The mathematical statement is that the V / T = a constant.

Dalton is partial pressure: P02 + PN2 = P. It's important in Nitrox diving and is used to make up trick questions on the tests.

Charles Law is very important when you fill a tank, or brew some mix.

Thalassamania:

Very true. But I meant in the act of actually diving. I'm not to the brewing my own mix stage yet. :)

Thalassamania:
Is very importan when you fill your wine glass too?????

Fish_Whisperer:
Ah... Okay. I haven't gotten to Nitrox and gas mixing yet, but next time I whip up a batch of my special trimix, I'll look it up in my manuals. (One tank of air, the other, rum & coke) :D

You really need to do your basic Nitrox! It really helps when you are slinging a bottle of rum and coke. :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom