Ascending and then descending straight away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ever find your missing buddy under a ledge ?? wouldn't that be somethin' lol
I can't remember the last time I had a missing buddy. Really. I keep my buddy within earshot all the time. Quite often my buddy and I agree ahead of time that we are going to be SOBs... Same Ocean Buddies. We dive independently of each other, usually meeting up at the end to ascend together. However, it's not that hard to keep track of where they are. I almost always track their bubbles and stay close enough.

We all dive differently, have differing levels of skill, as well as situational awareness and so forth. When I started diving, buddies were not much of a thing. Hell, we didn't even have two second stages on our gear. Our J valves let us know when we were getting low and we ascended independently. Things have improved greatly, and I've never ever run out of air since I put an SPG on my kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom