As if life was easy. Yet another U853 video!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not bad in my book, but I think the crew of the dive boat down there were considering having me committed to a mental institution when I kept trying to convince them how awesome diving in New England is. They couldn't see past temperature and visibility.

That is pretty typical. But for the most part they dive "planted" wrecks, which though, are fun to swim through, do not hold alot of interest for me.

the video's are great as usual and there is a definite love for the arts, but that Pelican case is HUGE!!

I'll take a sheltered crane barge anyday if the alternative is to not dive at all. :D And while NO it's not my favorite, I did get in some good valve drills and practice with a bag so I call it a good dive!! How are YOUR valve drills coming there big guy!? :rofl3:

You know about the other barge in there, correct?
What time did you go out? It got pretty bad out there by 12:00.

You know about the other barge in there, correct?
What time did you go out? It got pretty bad out there by 12:00.

We dove the Samson inside the Pt. Judith breakwall which is the only one I know of in the area. What else is near by? I think by the time we got back in from the 853 it was close to 3:00 and was definitely rough out.

That is pretty typical. But for the most part they dive "planted" wrecks, which though, are fun to swim through, do not hold alot of interest for me.

Funny thing about that, we were about to dive the Carib Ghost and I asked the DM "Is this is real wreck or was it sunk as an artificial reef."

She said, "Oh its a real wreck."

I followed up with, "So how did it sink."

She answered, "They were going to sink it on purpose to make a dive site but a hurricane sank it ahead of schedule."

Talk about trying to get off on a technicality! :rofl3:

What else is near by?

Here is the chart for that area. You can see the other wreck marked right next to the Samson.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 44
Here is the chart for that area. You can see the other wreck marked right next to the Samson.

Oh man, you should have never showed me that. Now Ed is gonna know that the site is gonna move even higher on my list of favorites!!! :D

Oh man, you should have never showed me that. Now Ed is gonna know that the site is gonna move even higher on my list of favorites!!! :D

It's just an old square steel barge. I jumped on it a few years ago after imaging on SSS.

We dove the Samson inside the Pt. Judith breakwall which is the only one I know of in the area. What else is near by? I think by the time we got back in from the 853 it was close to 3:00 and was definitely rough out.

Hopefully it was a good sized boat. I have a 28' Downeaster and I wasn't going to attempt a run much furthur than a few miles out from PJ. Canned Air is 36' and he was right along side me over at the Black Point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom