As far away from diving as I could find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Guys/gals, I love diving, but there's more, dare I say, to life than diving. So, onto my next favorite thing to do.....cooking/grilling. Is there anyone else who has a favorite grilling recipe, drink, etc they'd like to share with the crowd? And yes, this does fit in with diving. After a good day's dive, nothing is better than a nice steak, good friends, and your beverage of choice.

hmmm. yes, I like to grill opah and serve it with a shallot maple syrup reduction.

Also, Baja fish tacos: Marinate the fish of choice in Corona or Negro Modello and roll in flour and taco seasoning before browning in hot oil. I like white corn tortillas warmed directly on the flame burner and served with purple and green cabbage, cilantro and sour creme.

Drinks, Margarittas with fresh limes in a martini shaker and poured cold straight up.

I have a Haden Mango tree and I like to make mango sorbet with coconut milk. It is a great thing after fish!

I grow lemon grass and kaffir lime for Thai cooking and I like red curry anything, especially if it has pineapple in it.

Coconut Prawns with blood orange sauce is another fav, secret is to use Palm sugar from the Asian market.

Here is my favorite vegtable with grilled fish: Purple onion, green asparagus and red or orange bell peppers, marinate in a ziplock with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, seasoning. Throw them on the grill and serve on a black plate!

Two grilling ideas . . . The first one is the best; Montreal Steak Seasoning. We discovered this about a year ago at Costco. It's got heroin in it, I think. Seriously, it's completely addictive. When you smell the stuff going onto the meat, you start salivating. It's great on beef and even better, perhaps, on lamb. All my complicated marinade and seasoning recipes are gathering dust.

As an accompaniment, try microwaving asparagus about 3 minutes -- then marinate it in a cranberry vinaigrette salad dressing. Use bamboo shishkabob skewers to skewer the asparagus spears, and put them on the barbecue next to the meat -- YUM!

Back
Top Bottom