Aruba Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take a look at Pelican and Unique. Unique is on location at the Aruba Grand and Radisson. Not sure of the exact location of Pelican.

belive it or not, there are not really any "dive shops" on the island.... I hear most people go to bonaire for that stuff. (Dive Ops- most of them will pick you up at your resort/hotel... )

sorry I know that's not the best info, but hope that helps some...

An easy option given your situation may be calling one of the operators mentioned in the earlier posts and requesting a guided shore dive. It may cost about as much as a boat dive, but would be less stressful for your friend than jumping off the back of a boat. They will likely take you to Pos Chiquito (I think it is the same reef Vaporick mentioned as there is an engine block in about 10' which I was told to use as a descent marker) You can be picked up and dropped off at your hotel and they will bring all the equipment. As Vaporick mentioned, most of the operators do not have dive shops.

One that does have a limited dive shop and will rent everything including tanks for self guided shore diving or can arrange a guided shore dive is Mermaid Dive. Alot of people on the board don't like them due to some of the staff, but I haven't had any problem with them especially just renting tanks and weights. The shop is located close to Eagle/Palm Beach and as the owner has built the shop into his house, they have flexible hours for dropping off empty tanks.

Back
Top Bottom