Aruba quandry. What would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazon

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm not familiar with Dive Aruba. We used SEAruba Fly'n Dive when we were there. Had a great time. Smaller op, but we liked that.

It would be ashame to miss the sites you most wanted to visit. Sounds like you should look around.

rockindiver:
I can dive with Clive (Dive Aruba) but due to his fixed schedule of dives I would miss the best sites (Antilla, Jane Sea). Would I be better off diving with Pelican or someone else and hopefully doing the preferred sites?

Pelican came recommended when I was there in Sept. make sure you go to the sites you want, if you don't you feel cheated and like you missed out.

IMO, you can't dive Aruba properly until you dive the Antilla. I love that wreck!

I've dove with Pelican a couple of times and think they're a pretty good shop. Those two dive sites are my personal favorites in Aruba... I would hate to miss them if/when I return.

rockindiver:
I can dive with Clive (Dive Aruba) but due to his fixed schedule of dives I would miss the best sites (Antilla, Jane Sea). Would I be better off diving with Pelican or someone else and hopefully doing the preferred sites?

I enjoyed my Pedernales dive with Pelican. Good folks there! Also my friends dove the Antilla and they seemed to enjoy it. Pelican gets good marks in my book.

I'd make an effort to dive the Antilla while there. great wreck.

The Pedernalis was one of my favorite dives, though some folks won't like it because it's so shallow. If you're a photographer, you'll love it. depth is 15 - 25 feet and lots of ambient light. the fish there are fed by the snorkle boats (wreck is only 10 feet deep or so) and the fish are used to swimmers/divers. They will follow you around thinking you've got food. Works great for taking pics.

Stick with Clive he runs an excellent operation and will often alter his schedule if you ask or several people have a preference. The Jane C is worth the time but the Antilla is very highly overated. It is usually poor visibility relative to the other end of the island and is often overcrowded with divers, snorkellers and boats cruising back and forth over your head. One of the nice things about Clive is he places no restrictions on the divers and most of his dives start on a wreck or plane and end up being excellent drift dives to finish off the dive with. The refinery end of the island offers the best of the diving and visibility available in Aruba.

go with Nativedivers. Romeo & Vanessa are the best. Romeo only takes 5 or 6 divers out and will ask where you want to go. Once he see's you are a good diver, he will let you and your buddy go off and do your own dive. They are the only ones I go with in Aruba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom