Aruba in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did the diving go? I am looking to possibly go mid-June so I recently started reading these threads.
I hope you had a great experience!!

We just returned from a fantastic dive trip in Aruba largely because we used Mermaid Divers. The instructors were professional and fun. The gear was well maintained and the boats; although full, always had at least two instructors in the water. One instructor had 40,000 dives; the other over 20,000. Both knew the areas well and knew how to get at the obscure sea life. I made 12 dives with them spanning a week. My wife made nine. We enjoyed each. Carlos, the owner and operator, was a joy to work with and undoubtedly has become a life long friend. The packages are cheap... $399 for unlimited diving and they pick you up at your hotel. You couldn't ask for more than this!:)

Wow! Sounds great. We opted to take a vacation to Jamaica instead. I will definitely check them out when I finally make it to Aruba! :)

My wife and i want to go to Aruba, anyone stayed at Riu Radisson or Westin.
Anyone go diving with Unique Sports, do they pick you up at the hotel (by boat, or cab?)

My wife and i want to go to Aruba, anyone stayed at Riu Radisson or Westin.
Anyone go diving with Unique Sports, do they pick you up at the hotel (by boat, or cab?)
The Riu, Radisson and Westin are all very nice hotels. Good restaurants in the hotels and good restaurants within walking distance. I have heard a number of people state that the Westin is the nicest hotel on the island. I'm not sure I would go that far as there are some very nice hotels in Aruba.

Unique Sports of Aruba is a good shop. If you're at the Riu, Radisson or Westin you can just walk to the shop as their shop is right on beach between the Radisson and Riu hotels. The boats leave from the pier right in front of the shop. If you're at one of the other hotels, they will pick you up in a van and bring you to the shop.

The Instructors/Divemasters are all very familiar with dive sites. They're very friendly and willing to help.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy your trip. Keep us posted.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom