Aruba Diving Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Razz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I are planning a week long trip to Aruba for some relaxation. We would like to do some diving while there. We will be leaving in one week. We will be staying at Divi Aruba Phoenix in Palm Beach. It looks like there are two dive operators close by: Native Divers, and DiveVersity. I would appreciate anyones experiences with these, both positive and negative. After doing a bit of reading, it sounds as if JADS has gotten good reviews, however, they are on the other end of the island. I would appreciate any advice or insights that anyone would be willing to lend. Thanks.

grab a car and head to JADS the first day to get your bearings on the island then ask them where the boat will be moored or where they can meet you.The islands not that big. Their shop at baby beach is nice for after diving and the beach there was a bonus. Two of our dive days we met the boat at a pier in palm beach. Most days it was at the marina by the airport. Have not used the other op,s but P.J's boat was full. Have fun - cat

I've been diving with SE Aruba Fly'nDive for four years. Their shop is between the town and the airport. They will pick you up at your hotel in the morning (between 8:15 and 8:30) and drop you back in the early afternoon. You can rinse and store your gear at their shop overnight. This is not valet diving, you set up and change your tanks, but the price is cheapest of anyplace I've gone diving in the Caribbean or Hawaii. Sites are chosen on customer preference; first to book that day choses the site. Some shops have a "if this is Monday, then we dive X" schedule.

Thanks for the input. I spoke with Romeo Cruise with Native Divers today. I had read some good reviews about this outfit on Scubaboard. They are located close by where we will be staying. JADS was on the other end of the island and we are not planning on renting a car while there. Romeo would pick us up at our hotel or at the beach depending on that days schedule. Does this sound like a good option?

I always dive with Romeo. He is a great guy. You will enjoy diving with him.

I have been diving with Diveversity for a while. They are a great bunch of guys and are pretty accomodating. They are close to the hi rises which is nice. I have heard good things about Native and JADS, but haven't used them. I was really happy with Diveversity. You won't be disappointed.

I second Romeo of Native Divers. He runs a good operation and is personable. BTW, I think he only takes cash

Back
Top Bottom