Article: Women's BCs - Four models designed for the female form

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish some article on "female" BCs would include a backplate system with the continuous webbing harness. For me, this is one of the ideal choices for women, because the harness is infinitely adjustable. Having (and needing) no chest strap is pleasant, as well.

TS and M - Do you have a specific backplate system in mind? We can request it from the manufacturer and give it a go. If it's a unisex backplate we can include it in our overall BC test including both men and women test divers. Thanks
the dive rite voyager travel pac backplate iis included n the travel bc's review. Here's the link.
TOP STORY / Travel BCs

---------- Post Merged at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Actually, any standard backplate/continuous webbing harness system would work, if it were adjusted correctly. Halcyon, Deep Sea Supply, and HOG come to mind, although there are others.

TS and M - Do you have a specific backplate system in mind? We can request it from the manufacturer and give it a go. If it's a unisex backplate we can include it in our overall BC test including both men and women test divers. Thanks
the dive rite voyager travel pac backplate iis included n the travel bc's review. Here's the link.
TOP STORY / Travel BCs

---------- Post Merged at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:10 PM ----------
I'd like to hear / see what the test team thinks about the ScubaPro Ladyhawk

I have only been diving about 7 years and living in the middle of Utah makes it hard to get to the ocean and the lakes are way to chilly without wetsuit. I have tried several bcds that were suppose to be for women and being short and older I have found that the bcd never stays where is was originally when I put it on, they either ride up or manage to twist around until I worry about the tank sliding off center and rolling me over, until I found a Xena Zeagle, yes is looks like a corset but it gives me great support, stays where I originally but it. The only problem is that it does take up a lot of space, but all in all I like it the best of all the ones that I have tried. I am not promoting this product just telling you my experience.

stewart

stewart, if you ever get a chance to try a backplate system, you should. I think you would like it. Backplates are the ultimate in "stays where you put it", but the simple harness keeps the front of your body clean and uncluttered.

Backplates are the way to go!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I purchased the Hybrid She Dive and love the fit on land, however, the carry handle hits the back of my head in the water, making it very very uncomfortable. There are many adjustments that can be made, however, I have not found a solution to MY problem yet. I am hoping someone from Mares will respond to this comment and give me some advice. I find myself constantly "tugging the BC down" while in the water, but that doesn't really help either. I don't know if I have to lengthen the shoulder straps and tighten the velcro band AFTER I am in the water?

Back
Top Bottom