Article on Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boat ride yan penn. Divenet eh, macho bahala na si batman boat ride.

:rofl3: parang masarap nga 'pag boat ride.

@Jigo: bro, not sure about jeepney rate. usually the resort would arrange for you. also check with Matthew, baka alam nya.

You guys are great, even if I only understand a 1/3 of what's going on.

Where's Club Ocellaris? Has anybody been there? What do you think about it?

:rofl3: parang masarap nga 'pag boat ride.

@Jigo: bro, not sure about jeepney rate. usually the resort would arrange for you. also check with Matthew, baka alam nya.
aquav (to be accurate mariko parking area) to balai used to be 450 1-way... that's for the whole jeep and was before the roads were finished

i'll assume it's about the same to take a bunch of divers to the mainit area and back... maybe 1000 2-way given diesel costs...

Jag

You guys are great, even if I only understand a 1/3 of what's going on.

Where's Club Ocellaris? Has anybody been there? What do you think about it?
Boy Venus runs a good op and trains his guides specifically to accomodate photographers. Many international photographers stay at CO. Accomodations are rustic. As Caloy says, PM bill22 and he'll give you first hand experience. You can also find his report around here.

i arrived anilao fri early morning just in time for first dive, boat ride to kirby's rock and bethlehem -- both of which are very good viz (20-25m) but yeah, the boat ride is a roller coaster ride... fri afternoon, i slept it out and didnt dive. sat dive was via jeepney from resort to secret bay, those were the dives where mantas were sighted viz was abt 10m. afternoon, boat ride to twin rocks, viz nearer the shore was not good pero the jacks' hangout is good viz. then returned to secret bay, viz was abt the same as morning, this time flambuoyant cuttlefish was main attraction. sunday, surface was getting better so we took off planning to dive sombrero, but too bad, on that side mataas pa din ang alon; decided to dive bahura instead, viz was abt 15m. second dive of the day cathedral viz abt 10m. lastly, secret bay, viz is abt 5-6m and highlight is an octopus (not sure whether mimic or wonderpus)

the challenging part is getting in and out of the boat from resort -- a walk further off to sunbeam and swim your way to and from the boat. but i should say it was all worth the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom