Article: How Not to Annoy Your Boatmates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems to me like the best advice in this article (and perhaps the only really worth while advice at that) is the last suggestion. Roll with the punches. Dont take yourself or much of anything else TOOOOOOO seriously. Relax and have fun and understand that sometimes crap happens. If the person that penned the article did that, well they wouldnt have had to write the article at all.

...and don't throw up on ascending diver's heads :wink:

I have hundreds of dive t shirts that I have collected over the last 30 years. Each holds a memory of this trip or that. Who cares what shirts one wears? Plain silly concern if you ask me.

Regarding rinse buckets..I am all for them and not once have I ever dipped my hood or mask in the camera bucket tho I have caught myself stupidly placing a cup of cocoa on the cam table but immediately removed it. The shooter must take responsibility for their own camera gear. One thing is to never leave your cam system in the bucket..ever! I dip it and immediately remove it and place it on the camera table. For those who have gargantuan systems or small point and shoots, if you leave it in the bucket you have only yourself to blame if someone dips their system and scratches your port or dislodges a strobe or light. Don't worry about salt build up during a 10 day liveaboard trip. Once you get home you can stick in a tub of hot water and leave it there for a day if you want and all residue will be removed.

Back
Top Bottom