Article: Delivery Confirmed 51 Year Later!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice story about the divers past and the gift they gave, and how Spatero was able to visit the site again after all these years. Thanks to all the people who made this story happen

Nice story, Elena. Glad you and Pete got to dive with him. I had no knowledge about the history of this until now.

The story and pictures brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful act of kindness to assist and enable Mr. Spateros to dive and see the beloved statue. Thanks to all the caring people who made it possible!

This is truly a wonderful dive story with a happy ending. I recall when the statue came to the US, what a great event that was! Now 51 years later another great story

Some time later the late great unequaled California underwater painter, Mr. John Steel, painted a picture for Skin Diver Magazine capturing all the beauty and glory "Christ of the Abyss" as only John could with his paint brush and pallet. One of the few times I have sacrificed a copy of SDM for a picture to display on my wall.

"Touch down Jesus" relates to a University of Notre Dame in South Bend Indiana. It is always touched by every team member prior to entering the playing field. I fail to comprehend why this statue has acquired the same significance. Perhaps from visiting divers who are also ND fans?

Fantastic Story!

SDM

To say this is awesome is a great understatement! I am so happy to hear this was able to happen for him. Keep up the support of this type.

This story really made my day!

Back
Top Bottom