ARRRGH. Scubaboard ate my response

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twice in the past 2 days the board has eaten a long thoughtful response to a post. I will reply with quote, write a response, then hit "post quick reply" at the bottom of the response box. I then get the "go advanced" screen with none of my original post in it, which is now gone. Doesn't happen every time, otherwise I'd go in for "Scubaboard retraining", but it's frustrating.

Solved it. When replying to a thread, you get three little boxes on the bottom of the screen, "Post Quick Reply", "Go Advanced", and "Cancel". They are nice buttons, quite unobtrusive and understated. Then, you have a big-ass blue bold button below it that says "Reply To Thread". If you happen to hit the big button that is screaming "Hit Me!!!", well, you lose your thoughtful response.

Thank you all for your concerns.

Solved it. When replying to a thread, you get three little boxes on the bottom of the screen, "Post Quick Reply", "Go Advanced", and "Cancel". They are nice buttons, quite unobtrusive and understated. Then, you have a big-ass blue bold button below it that says "Reply To Thread". If you happen to hit the big button that is screaming "Hit Me!!!", well, you lose your thoughtful response.

Thank you all for your concerns.
Haha the sucker button. I've lost posts to that one before. I ignore it well now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom