Arnie Ripp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbeach69

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We have a sad update in this newsletter. Longtime Birmingham diver, Arnold (Arnie) Ripp passed away last month. Arnie learned to dive here at Southern Skin Divers Supply over 40 years ago and went on to own and operate Ripp Tide Dive Center for over 20 years. During that time he taught thousands of people in this area how to SCUBA Dive. Up until his death Arnie had a well earned reputation for being one of the best commercial divers anywhere and was also a superb spearfisherman. Arnie was also one of the few Alabama divers to be a recipient of the SCUBA Schools International Platinum Pro 5000 Diver Award. Arnie usually came by The SCUBA School a couple of times a month for the past 10 years and we always looked forward to seeing him. We will miss Arnie Ripp, a great diver and a great guy

Arnie and I were the best of friends and dive buddies. We did many commercial dives together and spearfishing as well. I was the one that took over Ripp Tide, with my shop Aquaventure with Arnie's dad and added the camping and white water aspects of the shop. Also went to work at Mariah Reef Resort at Ambergris Caye with Paul, Arnie's brother in order to get it established as a time share resort in Belize. I can't begin to express my feelings of loss with the death of Arnie. There are so many stories that can be told about any one that spent time with Arnie and his family that it would take a book to tell.
You are absolutely right. This loss is one that can never be explained except by those that knew him. The sport has lost a great one to the reef!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom