Armor Ironclad Edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mack50md

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm considering purchasing an Armor Ironclad Edition Ballistic Backpack with wheels. Anybody own one?

I'm going to revive this old thread because I was recently looking into this bag. A friend bought one and really likes it. I noticed, however, that it's a few inches larger than permitted by the airlines for checked baggage. On Continental, the penalty is $80 if they catch you.

Luggage Allowances

I have an Armor bag, it's about 5 or 6 years old but it has the hard plastic shell and it's on wheels. I love that thing. It's been all over the world with me and has never given me problems. It holds 2 sets of gear with no problem. It's all black and it looks like a regular piece of luggage so nobody suspects dive gear. That thing is bullet proof. The wheels still work well and the zippers are still in good condition. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. It's pretty big but the airlines have never said a word about it.

mack50md:
I'm considering purchasing an Armor Ironclad Edition Ballistic Backpack with wheels. Anybody own one?

Just an update to let your know I finally went with a Travelok Summit by Deep See. Got a better prce and the specs matched close to the Armor Ironclad. Been real happy with it. Bulletproof and airline legal. Had it over a year and about 20 dive trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom