Armistice Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agilis

Cat Lives Matter
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Today is Armistice Day. The significance of the day has been largely forgotten,and the date has been modified into a shopping opportunity. 89 years ago, at the 11th hour of the 11th day in the 11th month, after 10 million had been killed, the guns fell silent and the Great War, the War to end all Wars, the cataclysmic event that defined the 20th Century and shaped the outlines of the contemporary world, came to an end.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

between the crosses row on row...

Who remembers the old men selling paper poppies on November eleventh?

im proud to say its remembered well here.... my various nephews (i have 5) & niece tell me that on friday, their various schools had school ceremonies to commerate this day and my mother tells me that her local shopping mall came to a standstill in rememberance.

yesterday (sunday for me) i was actaully at a divers memorial service at 10.30am, both services were approx 100ft away from eachother and well attended

...the guns fell silent and the Great War, the War to end all Wars,....

lest we forget.....

Back
Top Bottom