arm length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtle1933

Reaction score
What do you think is a good total arm length for a canon g9, ikelite housing, ikelite ds125 strobe, in Bonaire, for wide angle? should i reduce it for macro?

Arms of at least 6 inches should be sufficient. Make sure they are pointed straight forward and behind the lens if you are using real wide lens. For macro, you should be able to point in close even with those arms. You can point on each side (assuming 2 strobes) for good lighting.

If you haven't been to Bonaire before, you will LOVE it. Am returning for my 14th trip in Nov. I recommend renting a truck and driving to the dive sites. You will be on your own schedule. Enjoy it!

It depends on what you want to do. I much prefer a minimum of 12" arms. In fact I usually shoot with 12"+8" on both sides. You can always pull them in, but if you have arms that are too small, you can't push them out. Of course if the water is crystal clear, it isn't that critical unless you have a big subject to light.

Back
Top Bottom