Argon Setup for Drysuit....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a setup that is identical in so many words to that of UP's.

Here is what I use:
AL 6cf Luxfor bottle with a 300bar DIN valve..
SP Mk2 1st stage with OPRV and Button type SPG..
Inflator hose...

However - I'm not adding a lot of gas to my suit - I typically get 8-10 dives on my 6 cuft bottle.
I also do not pre-purge my suit - but I go to great lengths to purge all air out of my suit when I first get in -
There is a noticable difference even then - I doubt I will ever dive dry without argon again.

If I remember correctly - this mounting is "approved" by AG but not by GI III - however - it works very well for me and the hip mount just seems a little too clunky.

Big T

Originally posted by ericfine50
How do you secure the webbing loop to the bottle? Hose clamps?
You don't...
The webbing loop is secured to the BP with nylon zip ties and sized to fit the bottle snug. The bottle is shoved up into the webbing loop and kept from falling back down and out by the bungee loop over the valve handle.

Look at the picture again and you will see what I mean.

Very easy to remove the bottle for filling by un-looping the bungee and sliding the bottle down and out. Can be done with the rig on or off - in water or out.

I use a 6cuf OMS setup with 2 metal bands that are attached to my back plate via a clip and a nylon loop. but it is a bit hard to undo it in the water.
I saw the simple yet easy way that Uncle Pug goes his and I like it.
thanks..
m&m

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom