Are you smarter than a 5th grader?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.fox.com/areyousmarter/

For those who refuse to watch American Idol (for whatever reason hey its your choice, some good hollerin folks on there right now) there is a new show that follows it hosted by our favorite Redneck, Jeff Foxworthy! It's called Are Your Smarter Than A 5th Grader? and its an absolute RIOT! My 4yr old has answered as many questions right as the first 2 contestants combined! :rofl3:

These folks are our friends, neighbors, coworkers... family! Not mine, they won't subject themselves to the torture of being near me of they GOOFED up a question there... its 10 friggin questions from 1st to 5th grade level.

Example question: "What Country has the longest border with the US" - the computer consultant currently being SAVED by her 5th grade class mates got the question WRONG! Bing! Hello!!

Tune in and have a laugh!

CBulla:
Example question: "What Country has the longest border with the US" - the computer consultant currently being SAVED by her 5th grade class mates got the question WRONG! Bing! Hello!!

Tune in and have a laugh!

My favorite was yesterday when the UCLA graduate who majored in U.S. History, hosed the answer to: The 1st President to be impeached. He quessed John Q. Adams. Jeff Foxworthy said, "You just made USC happy." The one little 5th grade girl just laughed & cackled. It cracked me up. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

mike_s:
was tonight the 1st episode? I haven't watched it yet. (got it TIVO'd)
Yes, the 27th was the first aired episode.

It isn't nearly as funny as I'd hoped. Its pretty slow moving (heck, its been two shows now and they've only been through two contestants....granted, its only a half hour show, but still, the first guy only lasted 4 questions, and the second girl only lasted 5 or 6), and, depsite being hosted by Foxworthy, doesn't have that much humor in it.

And the only one I haven't gotten right so far was the first impeached president, I didn't have a clue on that one.

hahaa i was watching tv this morning while eating breakfast and the local news had the producer or some sort from that show on. they played the game on the air with the cast and a 5 grader on the phone. they asked Dorothy lucey(news archor) "whats two yards plus 12inch?" she replied "84inch" and the guy said correct but when he asked the 5 grader on the phone the the kid said " that would be 7ft" the dumb producer said "im sorry thats incorrect" hahaa oh man i laughed so hard i almost had milk squirting out of my nose. owned by his own show! it was on good day la.

It looks to be a hit, they got me on a couple of questions, but I AM still smarter :D

Fish_Whisperer:
I got 9/10 questions right. The one that messed me up was, "Is a turtle an amphibian?" I chose "yes." I still think turtles are amphibians. Tortoises are not, but turtles are. Hrmph...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle
A co-worker told me about but I forgot to watch. I was watching the Nova from the other night that I had taped because I was out on Tuesday, and CSI NY.

naskie18:
Yes, the 27th was the first aired episode.

It isn't nearly as funny as I'd hoped. Its pretty slow moving (heck, its been two shows now and they've only been through two contestants....granted, its only a half hour show, but still, the first guy only lasted 4 questions, and the second girl only lasted 5 or 6), and, depsite being hosted by Foxworthy, doesn't have that much humor in it.

And the only one I haven't gotten right so far was the first impeached president, I didn't have a clue on that one.

I second that. The only reason I knew A.Johnson was the first impeached president is because he was also the only president from Tn. (Go Figure) :11doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom