• None of your darned business

Votes: 41 10.9%
  • Guess, you might just make my day

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Shhh...Big Brother is watching!

Votes: 43 11.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

burglarize-house1.gif

Statistics Canada has repeatedly shown a strong correlation between higher prices and lower cigarette sales, particularly among the 16-24 year old group...but hey, we need the tax revenue!

For what purpose do you truly need an assault style weapon? Maybe life is significantly different from where I live to where you live....I mean, there are only about 5 or 6 million people from over 100 different countries living within a half hour radius of my house, so I just might not be exposed to the elements of life that necessitate owning an assault style weapon....

Me too.

You missed the point. What is going on is a constant and steady erosion of my rights as an American. Our rights are slowly being taken away. The Politicians and Lawyers in the country are slowly but surely finding ways to get around an almost perfectly written constitution and bill of rights. It is a domino effect. One falls then another and another and another. How they do that is plain to see. Just a little bite at a time. Watch what happens, it is already happening in other parts of this country. A little bite at a time and pretty soon poof another right is gone or so severly legislated it might as well be!

Assualt weapons, term gained popularity when Sen. Feinstein started using it.
What is an Assualt weapon? I've heard them described as a weapon that a military uses or has used.
With that definition all firearms,to include muzzle loading firearms qualify.

In the US there should be stores called Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms not a federal agency.

When they take away guns, what will be next? Dive gear to prevent attacks on shipping?

divingbuddy sorry about the yellow comment, it was intended to get someone who disagreed to invoke some decent and polite discussions, not to personally insult anyone, and I guess the observation of the coincidence of that particular color was too hard to resist. Please accept my apology.

No problems...I saw the cleverness of your comment.

You cannot have any government regulation of gun ownership and still maintain the spirit of our founding fathers intent. That's my opinion, and certainly I respect, and would encourage you to have your own, even if we do not agree. I hope I have kept it short, and worded things correctly.

Why can't we change the 'spirit' of our governments as changing times dictate. Surely no fear of King George (or Queen Liz) trying to sack one of our cities can exist today. There are countless things that are permitted now that your founding fathers couldn't have seen (or wouldn't have agreed upon), and there are things that were permitted in those times that we as a morally and socially responsible society have deemed worthy of removal. Why the hang up about 'guns'?

I have appreciated the civil and thoughtful tones with which participants in this discussion have conducted themselves.

Cheers!

No problems...I saw the cleverness of your comment.

Why can't we change the 'spirit' of our governments as changing times dictate. Surely no fear of King George (or Queen Liz) trying to sack one of our cities can exist today. There are countless things that are permitted now that your founding fathers couldn't have seen (or wouldn't have agreed upon), and there are things that were permitted in those times that we as a morally and socially responsible society have deemed worthy of removal. Why the hang up about 'guns'?

I have appreciated the civil and thoughtful tones with which participants in this discussion have conducted themselves.

Cheers!

because why should I a law abiding citizen be forced to give up something I enjoy collecting that isn't harming anyone? I am not the one with the sawed off shot gun running through the streets killing people, by taking my guns you are not stopping criminals. just law abiding citizens from owning guns.

Sidenote: I only own a paintball gun, but feel for all gun owners :D

Better yet, they break into your house while you're not there and help themselves to your guns. If you don't have them in the house, fewer will end up on the streets in the hands of those who could not access them through legal avenues.

Cute cartoon though. While I don't have such a sticker on the front door of my house, I did just now go and check the front door - as I thought, it was unlocked. I probably left it that way since I came in last night. Cheers!

because why should I a law abiding citizen be forced to give up something I enjoy collecting that isn't harming anyone? I am not the one with the sawed off shot gun running through the streets killing people, by taking my guns you are not stopping criminals. just law abiding citizens from owning guns.

Key part of that...that isn't harming anyone...perhaps that part needs greater reflection and examination....Just how sure are you that your choices aren't hurting anyone?

How many 'criminals' get there guns by stealing them from law-abiding citizens?

Just my thoughts/2 cents...Cheers!

Mike: I think it is the wrong reason, because I have consistently stated here, that the 2nd amendments intent is not for personal protection or sporting..... Certainly the fact that crime reduction is a side benefit is a good thing, but we often hear debates for gun control in terms of sporting and personal protection, and that is not the founding fathers intent.

When we allow the conversation to be turned away from the true intent of the 2nd amendment we run the risk of the 2nd amendment being legislated and regulated out of existence by the feds, and states. People need to have the guts to say why they have the right and not allow the topic to be subverted. In fact, I think that most people "get it". The only segment of the economy actually growing besides the government in the last many months since the major downturn is gun and ammunition sales up about 20%. People are paying attention and going with their gut, otherwise that would not be the case, somehow I do not think that suddenly everyone got the bug to go skeet shooting, at least I hope not.

Tim, as I think I mentioned, and there is plenty of anecdotal information, that when you disarm the population, the population becomes victims in general. This in respect to crime deterrence of gun crimes. If you take guns away from the people, the people who will still have guns are the criminals. Let's face it, there is a lot of illegal stuff, but the law does not stop it, let's consider where we stand on recreational drug use for example. (I'm against it). There is two sides to every coin and we have to consider other factors, unless we disarm everyone on earth, it will never work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom