Are you all over it? Lurkers, posters, viewers - everyone pls comment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot it was going on. Thanx for the reminder.

I loved the first threads.

Should we stop them? Absolutely not! I follow them religiously, even if I rarely post. I often promise myself to post but somehow don't get around to doing it, probably as the standard of the posts are usually higher than the pics I have on offer.

Like Jeff Toorish says, I often don't see them until it's too late. Would it not be possible to subscribe to all future threads so that I'm being reminded automatically when the first posts are made? Currently I have to hope that I see when a new one is posted and then I subscribe to it.

Would it not be possible to subscribe to all future threads so that I'm being reminded automatically when the first posts are made? Currently I have to hope that I see when a new one is posted and then I subscribe to it.

Honestly I have no idea if that can be done for new threads...hopefully one of the tech gurus will have a looksee at this suggestion :)

Have been away for a while, but have two comments.

First I always look at these threads. They give me ideas re things I might want to shoot myself.

Second I don't post for two reasons. First I don't think much of what I take is worth publishing, second it is just way too much work to get from image in the camera to a posted image in a thread perhaps I am doing it wrong, but to get from the raw image on my laptop to a small postable image in a forum just takes me too long. Likely I am making it too hard but it just doesn't seem to be simple to do.

I wonder if it might be worth having a built in conversion routine to accept any size jpg and convert it to an acceptable size for the board might gain more posts. Just a thought.

no.....don't take away my threads... I'll be good... I'll post more...I know it is a lot of work for you Alcina, we do appreciate it!!!!

Second I don't post for two reasons. second it is just way too much work to get from image in the camera to a posted image in a thread perhaps I am doing it wrong, but to get from the raw image on my laptop to a small postable image in a forum just takes me too long. Likely I am making it too hard but it just doesn't seem to be simple to do.
Check out the sticky for ideas on how to make this painless. It takes me about 30 seconds to get an image up really :wink:

Lightroom - Export - choose my settings (66% quality, 650 longest side, 72 dpi, location to save on my computer, signature droplet). Go.

Photobucket (or ScubaBoard Gallery or flickr or your site or even the little photo icon at the top of every post) - choose folder, hit the upload. Copy the direct link, paste in my post here on SB. Viola - all done :)

Photoshop, Elements, Picasa, GIMP all have save functions that can help make life easier for posting to the web, too.

HTH

OK, so at least some people want to keep going, so I'll do my best to keep on top of things :)

For those who want another thread for updates, well, I don't know how that will work. But we'll check into it. Sometimes I barely have enough brain power to remember to put a new theme up so I'm not sure how great I'd be at remembering there was another thread I needed to update LOL

We could sure use some more themes, too. Here's the thread with what's been done "recently" and where you can put your ideas. Redoing themes we did a year ago or whatever is fine, but if anyone has more ideas, they are warmly welcomed!! The only criteria is that the suggestions must be diving related. Click here to see the themes and/or add your own!

Oh, and please keep adding your thoughts on our themes - if you like them, what we could do to make them better, how we could encourage you to contribute :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom