Are you a Good Driver? Careful Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knowing when to say "when" is an important skill in scuba. Well, it's an important skill in ANYTHING. I think it shows maturity. I know that I have sat out dives when things just weren't clicking. I have also pushed through the waves, dropped down and found that the vis was 6". What next? You can make the dive into nav practice, or you can turn around and dive another day. I've done both :)

Wow! Six Feet! You don't even have to grope around in that--that's a great day around here.

Six inches... Sometimes I have to stick my mask up against the crabs to see them. They dont like it.

Thanks for sharing that story. It's interesting how similar human behaviour is. We find similar cycles in sportbike circles. It's the "newly experienced", with 2 or 3 successful seasons under their belt, that often end up pushing to hard and have the really horrific crashes.

Always good to get another reminder (as I look out at the wind and rain, with snow in the forecast, while making my dive plans for tomorrow :) ).

Bjorn

Back
Top Bottom