Are you a dive snob?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I ask exactly what you mean by danglies?

You know, danglies :D

willstroke.jpg

Can I ask exactly what you mean by danglies? I don't know if you saw my earlier post in this thread, but I was made fun of pretty ruthlessly for having "danglies" on my gear, and referred to quite dismissively as a "dangly diver" because I use a yellow bulb attached to my BC to hold my octo:

octoholder.jpg
That's an anti-dangly device! Good for you!
If what YOU mean by danglies are things that drag along the bottom, damaging delicate reefs and/or silting things up, then I am in agreement with you.
You got it. Having danglies can also end your dive quickly. I saw an errant second stage get caught on a ladder as the diver made their giant stride. The hose was broken and the diver panicked on the surface.

For what it's worth, I created the smilie as a tongue in cheek response to this post about DeepSeaWolf diving in a kilt. As you may know, it's traditional to wear nothing under your kilt.
IN BOLD SCOTTISH ACCENT: Ta hold tha kilt up, I wear a weight belt in tha belt loops. OR, I may haff ta mayke a weight integrated scubakilt! sept, in stayd o' pullin tha drop pouches from the waist, ya reach UNDER the kilt,... AYE! That's a do'er!

For what it's worth, I created the smilie as a tongue in cheek response to this post about DeepSeaWolf diving in a kilt. As you may know, it's traditional to wear nothing under your kilt.

That would sure affect one's crotch strap choice!

I'll pretty much dive with anyone but believe I'd have to make an exception here.
I would make an exception here just to see that much junk in the water. :D

That's an anti-dangly device! Good for you! You got it. Having danglies can also end your dive quickly. I saw an errant second stage get caught on a ladder as the diver made their giant stride. The hose was broken and the diver panicked on the surface.

Thanks for clarifying. Since that experience on that dive boat in Bali, I've assumed that when other divers refer to "danglies", they were talking about things like my octo holder...and I've been trying to figure out what the problem is with these types of items. Clearly different people have different definitions of "danglies".

As for diving in a kilt...seems like we girls don't have to worry about that so much, do we? :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom