Are there any charters run in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Wreckers,

I am a former resident of NC and am coming back out to visit in mid Dec. I would like to get some diving in and was wondering if anyone knows of operations that run charters in December. Most of the links in the sticky have calendars that are blank or no charters listed in Dec.

Thanks in advance!

-Robin

You may want to call some of the charter ops in the area where you plan to visit. Dec thru Mar are pretty "iffy" months for trips, so most ops don't schedule trips far out, but will run, provided the weather is doable and enough divers to go.

Call and talk to the operators it seems to be hit or miss in Dec. but the good news is if you are the first to sign up you can usually name the destination. I would also check with the 6 pack charters as they would have fewer slots to fill to get a trip to go. If you are in the Morehead area check with Tortuga Charters Capt. James tortuga dive charters. If you are in the Wilmington area tryHome or in the Outerbanks area try under pressure Capt JT's Wreck Diving Site - Diving Hatteras NC and Virginia Beach VA

Olympus and Discovery run year round out of Morehead. They just have to meet their boat minimums and appease the weather Gods.

I'm in for a dive in early or mid January...drop me a PM.

Last edited:
The Captain's Lady, a six-pack, with Discovery in Beaufort runs throughout the winter. He only needs 4 to run. He is running Thanksgiving Day, Friday, and Saturday and he already has a charter started for January 1st.

Thanks guys. I'll start calling tomorrow. I'll also check with friends in the area to see if I cant get some numbers up!

Any luck??? I'm going to be in the area on the 12th and 13th and would love to go out! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom