Are drysuits durable/rip proof?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the OP gonna protect his ass with rockboots? You must wear yours differently then I do.

...if you lose a fight with a dive bud, it's entirely possible for HIS rockboot to be deposited where it just might protect YOUR ass......

Where are you diving that you slide off rocks into the water? I thought Redondo Beach entries were rough :mooner:

I have the ideal product for you. It is called a Crazy Carpet:
crazycarpet.jpg

Now in Canada we use these plastic sheets for sliding on snow. However, you can sit on this baby and slide off the rock into the water. Put a rock on top of it once in the water to keep it in place. Bring it out at the end of a dive.

Where are you diving that you slide off rocks into the water? I thought Redondo Beach entries were rough :mooner:

My favorite dive is the north point entry in Marineland. From what I understand, the one I use is not the only way in, but it is the only one the "locals" have shown me, and probably for good reason.
I greatly appreciate the info guys, even knowone, although he is an ornery cuss!
Get Wet!

You CAN get Kevlar patches attached to the portions of your suit that are seeing the most wear, although the crotch area is the hardest one to tailor such a patch for.

Most of the people I know who do difficult entries (and some who do a lot of wreck penetration, where sharp edges and points are common) are using compressed or crushed neoprene suits. They are far less susceptible to pinhole leaks than the laminate suits are, but they are more difficult to repair.

I think the idea of something to slide in on is a fantastic one!

Back
Top Bottom