Are all valves/manifold universal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Greaves

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I guess im asking can I buy a 300 bar din oms manifold and use it on my low pressure steel tanks and then use it on a set of high pressure steel tanks when I get them?

Well, probably. It all depends on the threads of the LP and HP tanks.

There are two common scuba thread sizes of tanks. 3/4 and 7/8th. Just about everything today is the 3/4 (LP). Older HP steel tanks used the 7/8th thread (which is actually smaller in diameter than the 3/4 thread). PST used these on the old HP80, HP100 and HP120 3500psi tanks (not the E series 3442psi tanks). Other manufactures used them as well.

If you want more complication, you can add the 1/2" straight thread and taper threads from older tanks. (steel 72's most notably)

in_cavediver:
Well, probably. It all depends on the threads of the LP and HP tanks.

There are two common scuba thread sizes of tanks. 3/4 and 7/8th. Just about everything today is the 3/4 (LP). Older HP steel tanks used the 7/8th thread (which is actually smaller in diameter than the 3/4 thread). PST used these on the old HP80, HP100 and HP120 3500psi tanks (not the E series 3442psi tanks). Other manufactures used them as well.

If you want more complication, you can add the 1/2" straight thread and taper threads from older tanks. (steel 72's most notably)

So basically any new tank that I buy will be the 3/4 thread then, no matter the pressure or material used??

SparticleBrane:
In America, yes. :)
In europe Yes........
the DIN valve was introduced into the US from Europe.

Back
Top Bottom