Are all Suunto Vyper computers the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That the difference you're seeing is with the wrist holder vs. the unit out of the holder, my buddie has an all black Vyper, while mine is the silver and black version. Near as we can tell this is the only difference. Both were purchased last January 03. Maybe one of us should e-mail Suunto and ask?:goofy:

Some Vyper computers can change units from Metric to Imperial and back by using the buttons on the computers. The latest production can not do this. However, Dive Inn said they could make the change in their shop. I suspect it requires the computer interface & software.

I have a Vytec and it also has a rubber boot... I was wondering how I'm supposed to pull it off? Over the top of the computer? Or from under it? It seems pretty stiff and I'm worried I might wreck the boot.

-Nevermind... I got it! :lol:

The difference is in the two pins in the bottom of the PC-interface socket. Old Vypers have fixed pins, new models have "springy" pins which make easier contact so one gets less time-out errors during download :)

Both models come in a few colors (gray/silver, black and I think that green too).

vicky once bubbled...
The difference is in the two pins in the bottom of the PC-interface socket. Old Vypers have fixed pins, new models have "springy" pins which make easier contact so one gets less time-out errors during download :)

I make interfaces now and then, and so I've given the pc-intefrface socket quite some attension. from what I've seen, the pins on new models are a touch smaller, and look like the pins on the mosquto/3d, but they lack the springs.
Are you sure the new vypers have springy pins? This is excelent news for interface bulders, as it reduces the major PITA element from the connecter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom