Archaeological Park of Baiae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for detailed report, now I have a better idea about this dive! Maybe someday I'll visit the park, there is a direct low cost fly from here to Naples. The Mediterranean is really nice in this september (I just arrived back from Croatia) so I'm sure you dived there in the best season.

The_daddy,
Thank you so much for the detailed report. It looks as though there are several archeological sites within the park and different depths, this sounds like one of the shallow ones. The limited viz concerns me but what do you think the viz is, would it have been suitable for photos? I am still targeting this location as there are other sites this shop does and as you noted, you can dive out in the sea and then within the archeological site. We do not have anything like this at home and it looks fascinating. I heard there was a similiar 'underwater' city off of the Amalfi coast but have not been able to find any details. This was great data, thank you again. :D

Piccola the viz was indeed very low.... the water was very turbid so you really lost the sense of the space... Dive Masters told me that it can be bettersome time in the year and you might inquire them about that.

Yes, you can take photo, but of details...the statue, the floor....I don't think you will get any good result if you focus on larger spaces.
During my dive there was a photographer with specialized equipment (i was surprised to see him in dry suit as we were all with the short 3mm suit in such shallow water :D) ...we let him dive first in the line in order not to get the water more dirty after the divers passed trough the places and move sand from the seabed.

of the five dives in the park, only one is supposed to be in deeper water "le fumose" that goes to 10-15 mt deep... I'll let you know if I decide to go for that as well....
ciao

Back
Top Bottom