aquaworld cancun latest story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joed

Reaction score
Was in Cancun last week and met an aquaworld rep at my hotel. I wanted to take my wife & 2 kids snorkeling for the 1st time ever. So, for $160, they took us out 20 minutes to a reef for all day diving off a mothership barge. The rep said seas were like a swimming pool, I had my doubts but trusted him. We paid by credit card and he gives us a slip of paper with 4 copies. We go to Aquaworld the next morning and give the guy at the desk the paper showing we paid. He takes a copy and send us to the gear locker. We give aniother slip of paper to the girl and she gives us back copies. We board the boat and give another slip of paper to the deck hand. Now we are on the boat. We get to the reef and the seas are consused with a 1 foot chop and current running. I was planning to watch 3 people but the guide took care of my wife. That was good. I am going to watch my 2 kids who proved to be fish in the water so that was a good thing. But the dive was a marathon, we were swiming full speed trying to keep up with the guide. Vis stunk maybe 10 feet. My family loved it because it was the first time they ever saw a reef, so I loved it too. The tour was over, we went back to the boat and the guides said all dives were cancelled for the day due to rough weather, It was XMAS day. I hoped to snorkel a little more but ok. They gave us tons of beer and we were in a great mood. Now time for our free lunch which is part of the package. At the lunch area they ask us for another copy of the orgional paperwork so we can have lunch. I do not have it! Maybe it got lost on the boat in the wind or during the confusion of gearing up. So we have a sceaming battle until the waiter checks the paperwork with the front office and see we did pay. All along all 4 of us had braclets that we paid $2 each to enter the marine waters. All this crap over 4 stupid hamburgers. We were all mad, New York City style and didn't leave a tip. It was just stupid. They are crazy, Cancum was great and it was still a great day

Joed, I am sorry you didnt have better weather, but there is not much anyone can do to change that, but I dont understand why you were mad??, because of the weather or because you lost a ticket for your lunch??

cancun mark:
Joed, I am sorry you didnt have better weather, but there is not much anyone can do to change that, but I dont understand why you were mad??, because of the weather or because you lost a ticket for your lunch??
Because it was a stupid hassle. There were too many tickets taken. Why can't you guys take one ticket and keep track of your clients? It was probably a con job, you guys probably do that on purpose so you don't have to pay up lunch. There were other people that lost their tickets also.
I think management should read this complaint and maybe it will help their operation. We were not the only people upset.
One ticket, 1 bracelet and everyone wins.

cancun mark:

How would you feel if you didn't get your Burger???? :monkeydan

joed:
Because it was a stupid hassle. There were too many tickets taken. Why can't you guys take one ticket and keep track of your clients? It was probably a con job, you guys probably do that on purpose so you don't have to pay up lunch. There were other people that lost their tickets also.
I think management should read this complaint and maybe it will help their operation. We were not the only people upset.
One ticket, 1 bracelet and everyone wins.

with all due respect dude, they are not trying to con you out of a lousy burger.

Regarding the number of tickets, let me ask you a question: When you buy a flight, do they just give you one ticket or do they give you one for every leg of the flight that has to be converted into a boarding pass when you check in? And would you have complained to your airline had you lost one of those boarding passes and had trouble boarding a plane without it?

If you want the manager in charge of the operation to get to read your complaint, I suggest you email it to him, I will PM you his email.

Please understand that Aquaworld had over 1500 clients that day.

It is never easy working on Christmas day when you would rather be with family and friends, particularly if that work involves flipping burgers for tourists angry about the weather that we have no control over.

Just put yourself in his shoes, they guy probably only makes ten bucks per day and you didnt even tip him on xmas day.

No wonder I hate Christmas..

BTW the company is in the process of converting to electronic tickets with magnetic strips to avoid this problem.

cancun mark:
BTW the company is in the process of converting to electronic tickets with magnetic strips to avoid this problem.

Will they be waterproof and on a necklace so the client can't lose them?
Well, at least so most of them don't lose them.

cancun mark:
with all due respect dude, they are not trying to con you out of a lousy burger.

Regarding the number of tickets, let me ask you a question: When you buy a flight, do they just give you one ticket or do they give you one for every leg of the flight that has to be converted into a boarding pass when you check in? And would you have complained to your airline had you lost one of those boarding passes and had trouble boarding a plane without it?

If you want the manager in charge of the operation to get to read your complaint, I suggest you email it to him, I will PM you his email.

Please understand that Aquaworld had over 1500 clients that day.

It is never easy working on Christmas day when you would rather be with family and friends, particularly if that work involves flipping burgers for tourists angry about the weather that we have no control over.

Just put yourself in his shoes, they guy probably only makes ten bucks per day and you didnt even tip him on xmas day.

No wonder I hate Christmas..

I agree with Marc on what he stated.... Let me ask you this, is scrooge your uncle or something? Further more, you call yourself a diver, where are your credentials on your profile or are you a pseudo diver? I even wonder if you tipped the DM on the boat for his services. As far as blasting a diving operation you might be careful it does tread on the TOS, just like posting a LDS by name that gives bad gass.
Not to tip is just juvenile and immature, I tip regardless if I have bad service not the waiters fault nor the cook at times. If you had such a problem you can always ask for the management at that given time not wait till now. Just be glad that you got to do something on Christmas with your family, there are other divers who are elsewhere in the world during Christmas doing something other than diving, like preserving your freedom.
Would you prefer eating a MRE instead of a hamburger????

hermosadive:
Ahh, another case of the ugly American.
I told you, I had a great time. I am not mad about the weather. I am not mad about anything. I just returned from the greatest city that I ever went to. Cancun was great. Since you admit there is a problem with the tickets and you are going to electronic bracelets, that is a good thing. The only problem was it was a hassle with all the tickets. The crew was great, everything was great. I am trying to enlighten you that you can improve your services. In the end, they saw we were right and made good on it. I don't have a complaint to management or anyone else. THE END

Back
Top Bottom